At the end of November 2011 we asked recipients of our email newsletter to respond to a multiple-choice online survey about their IT and application development priorities for 2012. Here are the raw results:
An analysis of the results uncovers these key points:
- Business analytics is hot. It’s a high priority for a majority of respondents.
- Apps are popular. Half of respondents plan to make mobile apps, in contrast to articles claiming interest in mobile is waning. Most respondents plan to create new web apps, too.
- Third-party APIs are luke-warm. They’re a medium priority for most respondents.
- UI/UX improvements are low-pri. Very few respondents plan to spend much time or money on them.
- Offshore development remains valuable. A big majority have low priority or no plans to move offshore development in-house.
Click here to set up a call and learn more about how we can help you achieve your IT goals this year.