Our previous post discussed the prevailing trends driving IT in 2012. Now let’s look at identifying priorities for this year.
Here’s a framework for planning high-priority tasks that we like from the 2011 IBM Global CIO Study:
- Expand: Refine business processes and enhance collaboration
- Leverage: Streamline operations and increase organizational effectiveness
- Transform: Change the value chain via better relationships
- Pioneer: Drive innovative products, markets and business models
Within that framework, there are key tasks that will improve operations and reduce spend:
- Deploying real-time information and “big data” more effectively *
- Developing innovative technology and identifying new revenue streams *
- Enhancing communication and collaboration internally and externally
- Expanding and improving the value chain
- Implementing risk management frameworks
- Improving the customer experience for new or improved apps *
- Pursuing continual growth
- Standardizing infrastructure/processes and creating better business processes *
- Updating legacy systems and controlling costs associated with them *
* These activities are best suited to offshore outsourcing. Contact us today to discuss your project.
Related Reading: Selecting the right talent for the job, including internal staff and external contractors.