The first quarter is the perfect time to hone your plan for the entire year.
Invest some time to:
- Evaluate trends
- Identify priorities
- Determine staffing
Understanding the factors driving your business and operations empowers you to make better decisions that will positively affect your bottom line. Here are some of the factors driving software development and IT that we’re watching:
IT spending: 40% of IT decision-makers expect their budgets to grow this year. (Spending is Heading Up, Mostly). Here’s what they’re going to spend it on:
- Maintenance: 70% of IT spend is devoted to maintaining and operating the organization, systems and equipment (MOOSE). (IT MOOSE Management — 20 Best Practices)
- Info management and automation: 39% of IT 2012 budgets will be spent on information management; 32% on process automation. (2011 Corporate Executive Board Survey)
- Security: 37.5% of CIOs ranked IT security and privacy as their top concern, followed by virtualization/cloud, regulatory compliance and managing contractors and vendors. (Protiviti’s 2011 Information Technologies Capabilities and Needs Survey)
Staffing levels: 75% of technology decision-makers expect staffing levels to remain the same in 2012. (Spending is Heading Up, Mostly) Our own 2012 IT and Software App Priorities Survey data suggests some leaders believe they’ll increase headcount. This is what they’ll be working on according to the 2011 Corporate Executive Board Survey:
- Applications: 41% of IT staff function is dedicated to developing apps.
- Infrastructure: 22% of staff will focus on infrastructure.
Related Reading: Choosing the priority tasks that provide the most opportunity for your enterprise.
We can help you meet your IT goals. Contact us to find out how.